These are instructions on how the 21L CoolBoxus shippers were loaded for the ISTA 7E Summer Profile
test for maintaining 2-8°C. The procedure include:
- One CoolBoxus 21L box
- Thirteen (13) Solee 5C PCMs.
- Payload box size up to 17cm x 17cm x 17cm
- Assemble CoolBoxus shippers
- Cool 6 x 5C Gel Packs (C1~C6) to +2C for 24 hours.
- Cool 7 x 5C Gel Packs (F1~F7) to -20C for 24 hours.
- 6 Gel Packs cooled to +2°C (C1-C4), 7 Gel Packs cooled to -20°C (F1-F14)
- Label the chilled and frozen gel packs so that there is no confusion.
- Ensure that only chilled ice packs come in contact CAUTION with the payload box.
Step 1: Put a frozen Gel Pack (F1) pack in bottom of box
Step 2: Put a chilled Gel Pack (C1) on top of F1
Step 3: Put payload box on top of C1
Step 4: Put chilled Gel Pack (C2) horizontally against payload box in back of box
Step 5: Put frozen Gel Pack (F2) between C2 and wall
Step 6: Put chilled Gel Pack (C3) against payload box in front of box
Step 7: Put frozen Gel Pack (F3) between C3 and wall
Step 8: Put chilled Gel Pack (C4) vertically against payload box to right
Step 9: Put frozen Gel Pack (F4) between C4 and wall
Step 10: Put chilled Gel Pack (C5) against payload box to the left
Step 11: Put frozen Gel Pack (F5) between C5 and wall
Step 12: Put chilled Gel Pack (C6) on top of payload box
Step 13: Put two Gel Packs (F6 and F7) on top C6
Step 14: Close lid
Step 15: Close Velcro flaps