These are instructions on how the 29L CoolBoxus shippers were loaded for the ISTA 7E Summer Profile test for maintaining 2-8C. The procedure includes:
- One CoolBoxus 29L box
- Eighteen (18) Solee 5C PCMs (Phase Changing Materials)
- Payload box maximum size 270mm (10.5 inches) x 390mm (15 inches) x 45mm (1.75 inches).
- Assemble CoolBoxus shippers.
- Cool 4 x 5C Gel Packs to +6C for 24 hours.
- Cool 14 x 5C Gel Packs to -20C for 24 hours.
- 4 Gel Packs cooled to +2°C (C1-C4), 14 Gel Packs cooled to -20°C (F1-F14)
- Label the chilled and frozen gel packs so that there is no confusion.
- Ensure that only chilled ice packs come in contact CAUTION with the payload box.
Step 1: Put two rows of 3 frozen Gel Packs (F1~F6) in bottom of box
Step 2: Put 2 chilled ice packs (C1, C2) on top of frozen Gel Packs F1~F6
Step 3: Put payload box on top of chilled Gel Packs C1, C2
Step 4: Put 2 chilled Gel Packs (C3, C4) on top of payload box
Step 5: Put two rows of 4 frozen Gel Packs (F7~F14) on top of chilled Gel Packs C3, C4.
Step 6: Close lid
Step 7: Close Velcro flaps